Thursday, April 13, 2006

Tamara's log Snug date April 13th Show 101

I've got my tea, I've got my meds. (headache :o( ) I am well sedated to listen to SHOW 101!!!

{pre show live mic check, see what you podcast listeners are missing when you don't listen live!}

I thought I'd be able to write the blog durning the show but I only got to that last sentence and wasn't able to do it. So here I am listening to the show again.

Green onions starts the show as usual. Occasionally they stray from that choice and mix it up a bit but not today.

Special guest , ARGHHHHHH, it's Pirate Dave
or Priate Dave or Prisoner Dave
***correction it is Dawny (NOT Donny), sorry about that! and Elmo and Joe Riley new listeners! Welcome and hello!

Fluffy Lamb is MIA... Hey Fluff if you are reading this, get in touch!


Pirate Dave repeatedly calls Maf, Mark. His alias was blown!



Theme of Show 101 is ROOM 101 Some mysterious wiki writer name Patrick wrote a description on the wiki. Thanks for that :o)
Maf was disappointed that I didn't send a pet hate... Well I did say in the blog I'd surprise them by NOT sending something in... LOL
BUT I will shamelessly comment on their choices and tell them all the ways they are wrong!! haha


Mafs 101 Categories
Fashion:- 'political correctness'
[I don't agree, while like anything, PC can be taken to an extreme, I do believe how we say things is important. My choice for fashion is the Mullet.]
Company:- 'RIAA / MPAA'
[mine was the Body Shop, now I know they disagreed but I wasn't able to make my case, which is as follows. I worked for the Body Shop a number of times, I was manager of a shop in Ontario, I worked for several in England (while on my "working holiday"), as well as two here in BC. That said I was a true Body Shopper, was into the ideals behind the company. I was there when they still had opinions that they weren't afraid to share in their shop's windows. Over the years the community feel of the company has all but disappeared, it is now just bath products, with countless imitators. I just wanted to say my choice is based on once being an enthusiastic employee "back in the day", and a discerning consumer, who now knows the difference between natural and "naturally based." One more thing, I wasn't speaking against Anita Roddick (sp?), or the business choices she made, the company lost it's personal touch when she stopped being the hub of the company.
Institution:- organized Religion [ Funny it only heard 1 studio vote and yet here it is! I AGREE with Maf, 'nuff said]
TV Show:- Big Brother [I've not seen a Big Brother for ages, don't even know if it's still going "here" (The American Big Brother, there's not been a Canadian one) I also understand Maf saying if you watch 1/2 hr of one you have to watch the rest... My TV show for the vault is, The Price is Right, I am just sick of hearing the opening music and it's been on for as long as I can remember, just done with it!]

Film:- Flight to hell [ My choices are all the Dumb and Dumber style movies]
Actor:- ? [I had said Vin Deisel and I stand by that but there's also Tony Danza from Who's the Boss, he now has a talk show blaaaaa!!!]
Actress:- ? [Paris Hilton]
Song:- Rap [no, just can't. The only way I can agree is if it is changed to "bling bling 'ho's and bitches" style of rap. K'Nann, K-Os just to name two out of the many that are amazing. So my choice is the "bling bling" rap]
Band/Artist:- ? [Rolling Stones]
Drink:- Southern Comfort [hee hee Coke/Pepsi/Cola -ducks-and-runs-]
Food:- Offal (liver, haggis etc) [Wonder bread, "they" found a loaf that had been in the dump for *many* years (not sure how long), and was still "fresh", soft and wonder bread like. Not sure if there is such a thing there, but it is over processed with a ton of preservatives, white bread. :op]
Group of people:- not covered [racists]
Technology:- not covered [TV as we know it, the technology has to catch up to the way people want to view TV. It is starting to change with things like TVO, but not fast enough!]
Transport:- Miniscooters [I love miniscooters but they rent them to tourist here on the island! OMG tourists! Acting like tourists! ON MINIBIKES! Scary!]
Book:- ? [any bible or "holy" text that humans still worship as absolute truth]
Country:- Iran [I'd say part of a country, which really should be part of Canada and that's Alaska, just makes sense ;o)]



K-OS' Crabbucket (here's the video http://www.mp3.com/tracks/5532912/dl_streams.html ) Just because they talked about it and played 20 seconds of it. K-OS won a few Juno awards last year. (Canadian music awards)


Hello Tea Boy Josh!!!!

You guys were doing great with Betty Davis Eyes! I don't think you should have stopped!!! Though the next one (#200) was great too.

TAMARA SINGS SONGS ON THE SNUG... BNL's Good Boy (Hey I didn't listen to myself sing during the live show but I listened while writing the blog and heard Maf sing along, you sounded great Maf!)

Wow and the show ends... Boy it went fast! OK well Maf won in the quotes again!
Right I've spent 2 nights working on the blog, as well as caring for a one week old kitten. He's a rescued little orphan, his siblings died but he's strong. I am feeding him every 2 -3 hrs during the day (sometimes more often) and am up with him once or twice in the night. Long story short, if there are spelling mistakes or things that don't make sense...zzzzz...ummm err I'll take care of them later. Now I am off to feed the kitten. His name may be Smidgen or Smudge.
QUOTES OF THE WEEK

LEE(CATHOLICS, THEY DON'T DO NAUGHTY THINGS)

MAF (BUT I INTEND TO OFFEND A LOT OF PEOPLE TONIGHT) (I TOYED WITH LEG WARMERS) (I'M SURE THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN INTERESTING IF I HAD THOUGHT ABOUT IT, BUT I DIDN'T) (PEE IN THE RELIGION POOL AND JUST MAKE IT UNSWIMMABLE)

PIRATE DAVE (WHAT YOU MEAN? THERE'S NO SANTA?) (DON'T DROP BOMBS, JUST PLAY THAT *chicken song*)

That ends this week's blog.



2 comments:

Fans of Snug said...

Does anybody read these things anymore? Just wondering...
T

Unknown said...

Excellent work as always T. I often wonder if anyone else reads our blog (and listens to the show) too. We never get any comments. Keep it up anyway, it's nice to see what a real listener says/thinks about the snow. Mxx